Wednesday 8 February 2012

Arrivederci Venezia

Here I am at Marco Polo airport waiting for my flight home.  I have had a wonderful last few days, first with Joyce then Kay & Brett and other local friends.  The one disappointment was that there were no bookings except ours for the Jazz Club on Monday night so Federico didn't open.  I met Kay & Brett after the Circolo for a pizza and the temperature had dropped again and the wind got up.  I was shattered and actually quite glad not to be out until midnight.  The only downside of the location of my apartment is that I have a long yomp home.


Tuesday I packed, met friends and prepared a meal for Kay and Brett then we went to the Palazzo Barbagigio to La Traviata.  It was my friends first opera and they loved it.  The setting there is so intimate it is a great introduction to the opera.

It was great they were here and they got up very early this morning to come over to La Guidecca to help me with my luggage to Piazzale Roma.  Now I am in the departure lounge looking out over the lagoon and wondering if 11.00am is too early for a prosecco?  Definitely not for an Italian.  

Until my next visit.  Ciao, ciao, ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment