Thursday 2 February 2012

Shops I use on the fondamenta


I thought I would show and tell about the local shops.  Above is one I haven't been into but love to look in the window.  It sells: baby wear & baby gifts, ladies and gents underwear, wool, towels, bedding, some slippers...........

This is GRACE the computer shop with internet access.  Good job I didn't need to use it as it closed the day after I arrived and only reopened this week.  It was useful if I needed to print something I could just take the stick around there.

Here is the salumeria which stock cheese and meats and rather like an old fashioned grocer.


Here is Postale Italiano. You have to be very patient, only one person in front of you still takes ages.  The lady who sells the stamps is very sweet and lives near me so we often bump into each other.  I even saw her last week at the railway station.  Hours are awkward two - 8.30 - 13.00 and no collection on Saturdays.

This is the butchers who is now a millionaire.  His meat is very good but expensive.  A chicken last week was Euros18.  He did offer me one still with the neck and head on - I declined!


Luckily I have had no need of the pharmacy this year.  If you remember I lived in it for the last two weeks in 2011.  I went in today for some throat sweets I had bought last year that were very good.  To compare some prices:  Paracetamol were Euros 9 and antibiotics Euros 2.50!


Bar Palanca, a great local meeting place.  The kitchen is open at lunchtimes and just passing there aromas are wonderful.  In a morning they cook fresh brioche which are so soft and warm.  The local ladies all sit in the back corner in an afternoon and talk.

I didn't get a photo but I mustn't forget the pet shop.  No I aren't going mad or have bought a dog  but the lady now stocks flowers and has very good ones at sensible prices.  I have had beautiful lilies and little bunches made up to take to hosts when invited out to dinner.


Finally just behind the fondamenta is the Coop. Again it closes 1-3pm which makes it awkward as often I retune home then and would call in.  But it has a good selection of most things and it is not far to pull my corelli home.

There are other shops - tobacconists, toys, fishmonger, bread and hard wear so the area is well supplied with most things I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment