Wednesday 4 January 2012

                                                       The fondamenta at 10am today.
                                                Outside my apartment on my way shopping
Well here I am back in La Serranissima!  And I have internet access so all is well!  I had a very long day yesterday and the weather was dreadful, rain this year so the flight was an hour late arriving in Venice.  But there was a wonderful sunset over Marghera on my way on the bus into the city.

Today has been wonderful and of course I had forgotten how long it takes to do anything.  I left the apartment at 9.45am to go and renew my Imob bard to get the local rate on the vaporetto, I was in the office 11/4 hours, it took three people 45 minutes to book two tickets for La Fenice.  Once I was served it was very speedy.

Then back to the Vodaphone shop to buy a new stick for the internet.  I went up straight after arriving yesterday, I needed fresh air and a walk but the old one was not compatible to my Mac so the assistant said I go back with my laptop & they would assist me to get it working.  So I did.  Painless, the new software we had downloaded at the Apple store at a lesson was what was needed so it connected.  In the shop was Nina, the magpie in Cinderella and her mother Laura, we had a lovely reunion.  It is so funny because I didn't see them at all last year & they are the first people I see today.  Then at the Rialto vaporetto stop I see Anna & Guillame and their new baby Alvise so e chatted together until they got off at the railway station.  I also had hugs and kisses from the girl at the pet shop where I buy flowers - I will get my vase back from Annie on Saturday and from Roberto from the Acedamia news stand.  That was wonderful because for my first two visits he barely spoke, he is very quiet unlike his brother.

Back at Palanca I had a lovely lunch in the bar - I was in need of real food and theirs is all home cooking. Then it was back to the apartment for a snooze!  I have just been to the Coop to shop so now have food - and wine & prosecco.  Tonight I am going to the Venice Jazz Club to see Federico and my friends there.

Life in Venice is just back to normal.




1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pics and running commentary, I really enjoy reading all your news. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete